When you’re going to start and run your small business you have to look after many things. As the small business owner you’re responsible to take care about your products or services, you need to arrange your marketing stuff, organize your work, not to forget to setup your financial planning and accounting. There are so many things to create, plan, check and prepare, but basically you only want to sell your products and want to satisfy your customers needs. So wth should you spend still more time for your small business and take care for something like a small business strategy?
Why have a small business strategy?
In this post I will tell you, why, seen on long term, a small business strategy is the most essential part for starting up and running a small business successfully. But before I give you a clue what strategy development for your business means, let’s see what strategy actually is. Wikipedia defines it as “plan of action designed to achieve a particular goal”. Generally spoken your strategy is a guideline that will lead you the way to reach your goals. The right business strategy will be an invisible but strong backbone of your small business development and it will help you to make even tough decisions concerning your business easy.
Strategic planning is like travelling
The goal your aiming for is only the far end of the powerful strategy process that will help to improve and increase your small business. Imagine that you’re going to make a travel: You (mostly) know where you want to go to, you hopefully know how to get there and you (should) know where your travel starts. Compared to this strategic planning is just like travelling. A very special kind of travel that helps you to empower your enthusiasm and focus your resources to reach your main goals. To stick to this image, strategic planning requires to learn and know three main issues about yourself and/or your company:
- Where do you want to go to? Which goals are you heading for and what kind of results do you want to reach with your small business?
- How do you reach your goals? How do you plan and employ your available resources?
- Where does your strategy travel start? This means to be aware of your personal skills and qualifications, be objective about your preferences. Know about the available infrastructure and resources of your small business.
How to start your strategic planning
You think all this stuff sounds rather abstract yet? In fact, for the moment it is. With the next blog posts I’m going to turn from theory to the extensive code of practice. I will start to show you step by step how you can create your concrete small business strategy and how start up and run your own small business successfullyl:
- You will learn how to form a razor-sharp and outstanding profile for your small business.
- You will learn how to find your best fitting target customers.
- You will learn how to find the most pressing problems of your target customers.
- You will learn how to solve the most pressing problems of your customers.
- You will learn how to become the market leader in your business.
Don’t miss any new posts and make sure to subscribe via RSS to get automatic updates for your small business strategic planning from this blog. And don’t be shy to leave a comment.